American Idol – Austin
Last night's American Idol, which began with a cheeky apology for judge Steven Tyler's "outrageous behavior," brought us auditions from Austin, Texas.
* Corey Levoy's sister sat on the judges' panel as he crooned "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt.
* Ranch hand John Wayne Schulz did "Believe" by Brooks and Dunn. Jennifer Lopez said, "I believe that you believe. You have the strength of faith and it comes out in your singing."
* Hollie Cavanaugh failed to impress with "At Last" by Etta James, but made it to Hollywood with Miley Cyrus' "The Climb."
* Janelle Arthur got her golden ticket with Duffy's "Syrup & Honey," and "No One Needs to Know Right Now" by Shania Twain, doing two songs at Steven's request.
* Goofy looking Casey Abrams brought some serious soul to "I Don't Need No Doctor" by Ray Charles.
* Ryan-Seacrest-stalker Courtney Penry did "Stay" by Sugarland, and clucked like a chicken. Randy Jackson said no, but Steven and Jennifer sent her to Hollywood.
* Rodolfo Ochar, and his green Justin Bieber hair, mangled "The Circle of Life".
* Couple Jacqueline Dunford and Nick Fink both made it through, despite their unappetizing PDAs.
* A girl in a giant armadillo costume.