America’s 10 Worst Charities Don’t Even Bother Giving Your Money to Those Who Need It Most
Ever wonder where the money you donate to charity goes?
You’re not alone.
The worst was Kids Wish Network. This group raised nearly $128 million over the last decade, with nearly $110 million going to corporate solicitors and fundraisers. All told, only about 2.5% went to the kids the organization claims to help.
Here’s a look at the 10 worst charities, along with the percentage of donations that actually went to those in need:
1. Kids Wish Network - 2.5%
2. Cancer Fund of America - 0.9%
3. Children's Wish Foundation International - 10.8%
4. American Breast Cancer Foundation - 5.3%
5. Firefighters Charitable Foundation - 8.4%
6. Breast Cancer Relief Foundation - 2.2%
7. International Union of Police Associations - 0.5%
8. National Veterans Service Fund - 7.8%
9. American Association of State Troopers - 8.6%
10. Children's Cancer Fund of America - 5.3%