Beef Stew Recipe (It’s The Absolute Best)
You cannot go wrong when choosing to make beef stew. This old time favorite has a variety of flavors that will leave you asking for more. I find it best when making beef stew to do it in the crock pot. It is tender and nothing like you have ever tasted before. This recipe came from AllRecipes.com.
* 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons shortening
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 cups water
* 1 onion, finely diced
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 bay leaf
* 3 carrots, quartered
* 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1. Dredge beef in flour and then, in a medium stock pot, brown beef on all sides in shortening. Add salt, pepper, water, onion, paprika, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and bay leave. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
2. Add carrots and potatoes and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
3. Remove bay leave and meat from stew, add 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch and mix, in order to thicken stew. After mixing let sit for a few minutes to thicken, if not to desired thickness add more flour or cornstarch and repeat.
4. Once thickened return meat and add corn to stew, heat through and serve.