Do East Texans Sleep With Their Pets? [POLL]
When it comes to our pets, 9 out of 10 of us consider them a part of the family and in some cases, some East Texans consider their pets more “family” than actual family members! The bond is so strong with these animals that 67% of pet owners allow their pets in bed with them at night.
According to a recent survey, on the flip side, 37% rarely or never allow their pets to sleep with them.
Other results from the survey include:
- 60% of us have some sort of pet. Dogs lead with two-thirds while just over a half have a cat. Then one in ten of us have a fish and even fewer have some kind of other small animal as a pet
- Out of the dog owners: 62% have just one, 28% have two and 11% have 3 or more
- Out of the cat owners: 46% have just one, 33% have two, 22% have 3 or more while 4% have 6 or more!
- 18% buy the pet a birthday present
- 19% admitted to dressing their pet for something
- 10% have taken their faithful companion to work
The survey was conducted with 2,634 U.S. adults.