‘Glee': ‘Dance With Somebody’ Episode Song List
The episode features songs exclusively by Houston, some of which are reworked. The episode focuses on the New Directions’ apprehension over their impending graduation as well as Will and Emma’s upcoming wedding, which he wants to push up. Based on the song list, it sounds like there may be some trouble in paradise for Kurt and Blaine as well. Dramarama!
The themes make the ep a tearjerker to begin with, and when you add in the tragedy of Houston’s loss, it looks like Gleeks are going to need a whole lot of Kleenex to get through the hour.
‘Glee’ previously dedicated their Valentines Day themed ‘Heart‘ episode to Houston, as it aired just after her passing and coincidentally featured Mercedes (Amber Riley)’s powerful rendition of ‘I Will Always Love You.’ Fox released a preview of the episode as well as the cast’s moving, melancholy cover of ‘How Will I Know.’
The episode will be the second dedicated to a fallen legend. In January, Ryan Murphy and Co. paid tribute to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, who in 2009 passed as suddenly and as shockingly as Houston did.
‘Dance With Somebody’ Episode List
- Mercedes, Santana, Kurt, Rachel, ‘How Will I Know’ (Whitney Houston)
- Brittany, Santana, ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)’ (Whitney Houston)
- Quinn, Joe, ‘Saving All My Love For You’ (Whitney Houston)
- Rachel, Santana ‘So Emotional’ (Whitney Houston)
- Blaine, ‘It’s Not Right But It’s Okay’ (Whitney Houston)
- Kurt, ‘I Have Nothing’ (Whitney Houston)
- New Directions, ‘My Love Is Your Love’ (Whitney Houston)