Hit the Bricks this Weekend for Second Saturday
It's time to Hit the Bricks! Enjoy attractions, promotions and more this second Saturday in Downtown Tyler.
This is your opportunity to check out locally-owned restaurants, bars, retail establishments, museums, and other businesses in the heart of our city.
Take advantage of free parking in the parking garage and on the square. Plus you cna ride the hop on, hop off shuttle moving around Downtown from 12pm-5pm.
Saturday, Nov. 9th, special events have been planned to celebrate. Here's what's happening:
• Scavenger Hunt at the Goodman Museum
• Vendors, food, and Fall Festival activities on the square, 11am-5pm
• -Free face painting by Jujubilee's Professional Face & Body Art on the square, 11am-5pm
• Jump houses on the square ($3-$5 per house or $15 for unlimited jump), 11am-5pm
• 903 Handmade"Meet the Makers of 903" including: Simply Made by Kat & Eva (vegan leather bows); Letter'd with Love (hand lettered mugs, ornaments, and note pads); Abby's American Adventures (children's book author & Abbi the Australian Shepherd), also enjoy Café 1948 and Deux Petits Macarons
• Ye Olde City Antique Mall 0am-5pm, enjoy a "Harvest Treasure Hunt" (find hidden bricks throughout with $10 gift certificates attached); also find FREE items with tiny pumpkin tags. (One brick or free item per family.); they will also serve harvest cookies and drinks all day!
• Under the Christmas Tree Holiday Bazaar and Craft Sale at Griffin Real Estate Group (121 E. Erwin), 9am-5pm, Shop handmade, one-of-a-kind treasures!
• Gallery Main Street Art Exhibit Opening, “Heavy Metal,” at 5:30pm
• Tyler Innovation Pipeline hosts art auction the work of abstract artist, Kelly Gowan, 5-8pm.There will be wine provided by 55 Winery and music by Simon Young. Two community pieces created at the Paint with a Purpose Event on Oct. 14th will also be auctioned and proceeds will be split between the American Cancer Society and Tyler Innovation Pipeline.
• Strada Caffe will offer a free brewed or iced coffee for all Veterans, 8am-8pm
• All day - Self-guided walking tour of the Half Mile of History - this is an outdoor, half-mile loop around the square that commemorates significant people, places, or events in Tyler. Digital brochure for the self-guided tour: ow.ly/s8iD30czlpb
• 8:30pm - Haunted WALKING Tour of Downtown ($8/person), get tickets at toursoftyler.com
• 9:30pm - Haunted RIDING Tour of Downtown ($15/person), get tickets at toursoftyler.com
• Live music at ETX Brewing Co. by Loose Thread, 8-10pm. Also Veterans will receive 20% off, and Rotolo's Food Truck will be available.
• The Garage Bar will have live music by The Groove Slaves