Top Jobs I Would Not Want to Do Today
Winter weather has crippled East Texas today. With loads of School and office closures due to icy road conditions most of us are at stuck at home, but there are plenty of people that must be out in it. These are the top professions that I would not to be in today.
Today I am in the comfort of my home with heat, electricity and cable television, but while I would not want to do the following jobs, I am grateful for the men and women who venture out into the elements.
1. Postman - You've heard the familiar phrase, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."
2. Pizza Delivery Driver - When most of us don't want to get out for food, we call for pizza.
3. First Responder - Policeman, Fireman and Ambulance drivers they are all out in dangerous conditions taking care of us in our most vulnerable states.
4. Electric Workers - With thousands of East Texans without power today, crews are working diligently to get the power back on.
5. Truck Driver - Deliveries must be made, and the men and women who drive commercial semi-trucks will be out on the roads attempting to reach their destinations in a safe and timely fashion.
However the winter weather does keep parts of the economy moving, professions that will likely see an increase in sales and profits include plumbers, tree services, tow-truck drivers, and body shops.