5 Burger-Beer Combos You Don’t Want to Miss at Twisted Root
They've built their burger joints around such crazy concoctions as the Happy Pilgrim ("family farms co-op all white turkey meat, goat cheese, kale pesto & mixed greens on top"), Freshman 15 ("smashed fries on top, melted cheddar, fried egg & bacon") and le wagyu ("dijon crusted Texas Wagyu beef with thyme caramelized onions, topped with gruyere cheese").
What you might not realize is they also feature a wide variety of exotic meat. Each day, they offer all their burger combos with buffalo, Wagyu beef and one of these: venison, elk, lamb, ostrich, rabbit, camel, duck or boar.
What does a camel burger taste like? There's one great way to find out. ;)
But to make that dining adventure more fun, we've put together this list of burger and beer combos:
- Wash down a camel burger with My Girlfriends Out of Town (presented by local brewery, 3 Nations Brewery).
- Try an elk burger with Twisted Mule (a Twisted Root Original on tap).
- Pair a venison burger with Professional Texan (from our local Fredonia Brewery).
- Have Shiner Bock with a buffalo burger.
- Order Mermaids and Unicorns (from local brewery, True Vine) with a kangaroo burger.
If you're not in the mood for beer, they also have some amazing custard shakes (including a couple adult options).
Ready to take the game meat challenge? Head over to Twisted Root at 4601 S. Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75703 and ask managers what exotic meats are on their schedule this week. Each location creates its own meat menu schedule to ensure the freshest inventory. (And then let us know what you thought!)