Why Snow Days are the Best Days
As a college student, cancelled classes are one of the greatest joys in life. But nothing beats a snow day. Ever.
With cold weather advisories across the country this week, the North isn’t the only region cancelling classes. But why are snow days so great? Well, I’m here to tell you.
- No class. That’s an obvious reason, right? Even if you love your classes, it’s always nice to have a mid-week break!
- Free time. Well, basically that means playing in the snow with your friends – no, it doesn’t matter how old you are. You are always young enough to enjoy playing in the snow. Always.
- People watching. Watching people in the snow is probably one of the most hilarious things to see, especially when the people don’t know how to react to the snow (AKA most of us Southerners). Seriously though, go to Walmart on a snow day – everything will be gone.
- Snow. This should be an obvious reason as well, who doesn’t love having snowball fights with friends or building a snowman? And even if it doesn’t actually snow all that much it’s still fun for a little while anyway!
- It’s a dream come true. We are Texans after all, and snow days aren’t a regular occurrence for us. Enjoy it when given the chance.
So that being said, I hope y’all are all hoping and praying for snow days soon!