14 Year Old Dies From Smoking Fake Pot
This story is tragic -- simply tragic. In June a 14 year old, eight grade student, Brandon from Pittsburgh smoked some pot. Tragically he tried to use a Pez dispenser as a pipe and inhaled partially melted plastic which coated his lungs with toxic chemicals.
At first reports of this story indicated that the fake pot (was "spice" or K2) landed this child in the hospital a waiting a double lung transplant. Brandon died from an infection after the double lung transplant procedure -- and the immune-system suppressants intended to avoid rejection of the new organs -- severely weakened his immune system.
What lesson do we take away from this as parents? In my wildest dreams I would have never thought to a kid would use a PEZ dispenser to "smoke out." What could have Brandon's parents done differently?