Get Rich! It’s Time to Stop Buying Lottery Tickets
Let's face it, everyone wants to be rich. We buy lottery tickets, watch late night infomercials, buy books and more. But who has the real answer on how to get into the top 1 percent? Believe it or not, the IRS!
In a recent article from Inc.com, data from 2009's top 400 individual tax returns from was analyzed. They found how the top 400 individual earners made their money:
- Wages and salaries: 8.6%
- Interest: 6.6%
- Dividends: 13%
- Partnerships and corporations: 19.9%
- Capital gains: 45.8%
- Working for a salary won't make you rich.
- Neither will making only safe "income" investments.
- Neither will investing only in large companies.
- Owning a business or businesses, whether in part or partnership, could not only build a solid wealth foundation but could someday.
- Generate a huge financial windfall.
Read the entire article here and stop buying lotto tickets!