United States National Parks Are Free in the Month of April
It makes sense that April (springtime) is the time where The National Parks Service opens up it's National Parks free of cost on two weekends in April. The weather is beautiful, so go outside!
According to their website, NPS turned 100 years old this year and to celebrate, have set aside free entrance dates for 118 National Parks that normally require an entrance fee. A lot of National Parks AND State Parks are already free of charge including a handful of the 14 that are in Texas, but on the select dates below, ALL of the National Parks will be free.
So plan ahead, and go to a National Park you've always wanted to go to sans entrance fee.
Here are the free dates for all U.S. National Parks during the remainder of 2017:
TEXAS PARKS THAT WAIVE ENTRANCE FEE
ARKANSAS PARKS THAT WAIVE ENTRANCE FEE
NEW MEXICO PARKS THAT WAIVE ENTRANCE FEE
CALIFORNIA PARKS THAT WAIVE ENTRANCE FEE
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park