Back to School 2013: The Best First Day of School Photos
While perusing Pinterest over the last week, I’ve started to see an influx of photos from kids’ first days of school. I must say moms either have more time, or they have gotten a lot more creative since I was in school. I am not blessed with a family of my own yet, but I enjoy seeing how others capture their special childhood moments.
Here are a few of my favorite ideas, compiled from blogs and pins, on how to make your child’s first day of school photo special:
1. Use photo props to include information about your kiddo. Whether you decide to use a chalkboard and include their name, date and age, or use printables grabbed from sites like Pinterest make it fun and memorable.
2. Take their picture when they aren’t posing to capture their natural excitement or anxiety.
3. Frame their first day of school photo from the year before, or many years before, and photograph them holding it.
4. Think outside the box and use sidewalk chalk, or let your child draw something. Photograph them from above to capture the scope of your creativity.
5. Make it a family affair. Moms and dads are ready for the little ones to be back in the classroom filling their heads with useful knowledge too, so include your excitement in the photo as well.