Fun Dough – Help You With Kids Being Bored
If you are in the house with kids who are bored as today was a snow day whip up a batch of Fun Dough.
If you have the patience left why don’t you let them help you measure and stir? This can be a math lesson if you do it just right?
* 3 cups flour
* 1 1/2 cups salt
* 3 cups boiling water
* 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
If you don’t have cream of tart go ahead and make this, but it won’t store as well.
* a few drops of food coloring (color of your choice) OR 1 package of unsweetened Kool-Aid
My kids always love it when we use Kool-Aid – smells so yummy.
1. Mix all the dry the ingredients in a large bowl. Stir so they are mixed completely. Make a well in the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl combine your oil & water.
3. Pour the liquids into the well.
4. Stir everything together until well mixed.
5. Wait until cool enough to handle – turn play-dough out on counter or on wax paper and knead
3 – 4 times.
6.Play! Store in an air tight container.
Amazing Moms Tip
Keep sticky hands from damaging walls and furniture, by keeping a wet, soapy cloth next to he project area. If one of the kids is sick and plays with the “Fun Dough” I recommend to error on the side caution and throw the Fun Dough away.