How to Win at 5 Classic Board Games [VIDEO]
Subscribe to Mix 93.1 on
First up, Monopoly, I struggle with this game. Over the years I’ve tried several different
methods, but the last time I played my boyfriend beat me soundly.
- Buy everything you land on – except property sets already owned by more than one player
- Build houses on your lowest valued properties first – they cost less and are worth it early on
- Later in the game, stay in Jail for as long as you – you’ll keep earning money, and pay nothing
- The orange properties are the most valuable – they are the most landed on, due to their
- location from jail.
Next, Connect 4, I haven’t played this one in years… but I did see a giant version at Dave and Busters a few weeks ago, now I know how to claim those tickets!
- Drop your disc in the bottom, middle column – even if both players play perfectly, you will
- always win within 41 moves
- I’ve alsways struggled with chess. Learning how each piece moves is first and foremost, but then playing someone with the skills to challenge you and learning strategies is a must.
Check this out – they claim they can get you to Checkmate in 4 moves while playing chess.
- Checkmate in 4 moves – using your bishop for protection, move the queen in for the kill
I picked up on this Hungry Hungry Hippos trick as a kid, and never lost!
- Don’t just mash the lever
- Keep the mouth propped open, hold the lever about 2/3 the way down – stray balls will roll
- into your mouth
I’ve never played Battleship. I always thought it as more of a ‘boy’ game, and lost interest…
but here are the tips and tricks to sink your opponents ship.
- When hunting for enemy ships, imagine the ocean as a chekerboard
- Never strike within one space of a miss – this will cut the need for random guessing by half
- If you hide smaller ships at a ‘T’ – you opponent may be fooled and attack elsewhere
Now you can conquer your opponents at your favorite games! I know I’ll be making a play date soon with Monopoly – I’ve got a re-match in my future!