Spice It Up With The King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
King Ranch Chicken is an easy recipe that combines everything you need into one dish. The chilies in it give it the right amount of spice without over doing it. Serve it with some cornbread and it is the perfect treat for you and your family. This recipe came from AllRecipes.com.
* 1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned
* 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
* 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 onion, chopped
* 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
2. Layer the chips in a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
3. Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
4. Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.