5 Signs You Need to See a Dentist ASAP
Toothaches seem to strike at the worst times — on the weekend or at least when most dentist offices aren't open.
But Dr. Matt Grace at Broadway Dental knows that when you're in pain, you don't want to wait. That's why he offers same-day appointments and walk-ins. He's even open from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays!
While dental pain is a sign you need to see a dentist, here are five other signs you should see a quality dentist like Dr. Grace ASAP:
1) Bleeding or sore gums: While people with sensitive gums sometimes experience a little bleeding with flossing, regular bleeding, lots of blood or painful gums could be symptoms of something serious that only will get worse without treatment, according to the American Dental Association.
2) Loose teeth in adults: You shouldn't be able to "wiggle" your adult teeth, but if you can, it might be a sign of infection or tooth or nerve damage.
3) Mouth sores: Sores on your tongue or mouth can be caused by a number of things, from infection to braces or a sharp tooth, but if a sore lasts more than a week, the American Dental Association suggests having a dentist take a look.
4) Swollen jaw: A swollen jaw might mean you have serious infection, possibly in a saliva gland.
5) Constant headaches: Pinpointing the cause of headaches can be difficult: caffeine withdrawal, dehydration, weather fluctuations, stress, etc. all could be the culprit. But so can dental issues, so see a dentist if you have regular headaches after ruling out other common causes.
Of course, aside from welcoming same-day appointments and walk-ins, Broadway Dental, 5621 South Broadway Ave. in Tyler, is accepting new patients. Call (903) 630-6313 to make an appointment today! They are across from Applebee's and next to Sonic.