A life may have been saved after another was lost, thanks to the parents sharing their tragic story.

Frankie Delagado's story, a Houston boy, who passed away as a result of Dry Drowning has been shared all over the country. One Colorado father is now thanking Frankie's parents for sharing their story.

Frankie took water into his lungs swimming with this family, and resulting in fever, vomiting and sadly his death. Because his parents were brave enough to share their story, Gio Vega's father took him to the ER, after noticing similar symptoms in his son.

"The X-rays did show he had a significant amount of water in his lungs, and it was a good thing that we brought him in because if we hadn't, he wouldn't have made it through the night,” Vega said. "I feel like I needed to reach out to the parents of Little Frankie and tell them… their little boy saved our little boy's life. There was a purpose,” Vega said.

More From Mix 93.1