Five Texas Cities Top The Most Humid Cities In The United States
You Don't Need Me To Tell You That The Humidity Is Kicking Our Butts In Texas.
One summer I flew from Texas to Minnesota for a radio convention in the middle of June and I remember talking about how THANKFUL the folks in Minnesota had to be because they didn't have the humidity like we did. The best way to describe it is in PHOTO form.
Taken On The Same Day...
The first photo shows what the temp was in Minneapolis before I got on the flight back to Texas and once I hit Austin, the HUMIDITY was SUFFOCATING and you can see the disgust on my face.
That's why its no surprise to me that 5 Texas cities makes up HALF of the Top 10 Most Humid Cities in America according to Today's Homeowner who gathered comprehensive data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on the humidity of each city in the U.S., then compiled that information to find the average annual humidity.
The Top 10 Most Humid Cities In America
- Lake Charles, LA - 90% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Jackson, MS - 90% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Meridian, MS - 90% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Brownsville, TX - 90% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Port Arthur, TX - 90% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Victoria, TX - 90% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Gainesville, FL - 89% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Baton Rouge, LA - 89% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Corpus Christi, TX - 89% Average Annual Relative Humidity
- Houston, TX - 89% Average Annual Relative Humidity
Texas holds the most spots, comprising five of the top 10, followed by Louisiana and Mississippi, tied for second place. It should be no surprise that all states in the top 10 have been within the Gulf of Mexico.
On The Flip Side, One Texas City Made The "Least Humid" List
If you want to escape the humidity but remain in the Lone Star State, head west to El Paso. They are surrounded by deserts which cuts down on humidity and they're actually the 5th least humid city in America.
Which do you prefer: Humid Heat Or Dry Heat? Texas has BOTH.