Ouch! Surprise in Hamburger Sent One Man to Emergency Surgery
So many of us love to fire up the grill to make dinner, including myself. It’s much easier and often creates less dishes compared to making something on the stove or in the oven. But there are some things that you need to do to get prepared when you are making food for friends and family. Some of those things are obvious like preheating the grill and making sure you clean your grill. But you need to be extremely careful when you’re cleaning your grill.
Recently there was a guy by the name of Casey Taylor who had gone over to a friend's house as they were going to throw some burgers on the grill. It was just going to be a relaxing and fun night with some buddies, but it didn’t go according to plan.
The Burger Was BAD
After taking a bite of his burger Casey immediately felt something poke the inside of his throat. He knew instantly one of the metal bristles from the cleaning brush had made its way into his burger. They quickly made their way to the hospital as the metal needed to be removed from Casey’s throat.
After an X-ray in the emergency room the doctors decided that surgery was going to be the best method to get that wire removed. It didn’t take long, and the doctors saved the day. Casey had a sore throat for a few days, but he is better now.
The moral of the story is if you have a wire bristle cleaning brush for your grill, throw it away now. The last thing you want is to send a friend or family member into surgery when the whole dilemma could have been avoided.