Mix 93-1 Spotlight: Gotye [VIDEO]
Making his US debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live last month, Gotye has exploded on the American music scene with his song "Somebody That I Used To Know" and his song has been requested quite often on the Mix 93-1 studio lines. You might be wondering how to pronounce his name! It's Go-te-yae and is derived from the French name Gaultier (or Gautier) and is equivalent to Walter.
* Gotye's given name is Wouter De Backer and was born in Belgium and moved to Australia with his family when he was just two.
* Gotye has been compared to the likes of Sting and Peter Gabriel, both of whom he grew up listening to and likes in addition to Depeche Mode.
* He was the drummer for an indie band in Melbourne, Australia.
* Recently picked up 5 ARIA awards and was nominated for an MTV EMA award.
* Has released 3 independent studio albums.
* Will be playing the Coachella Music Festival next month.
Check out the video for "Somebody That I Used To Know"