Join in On this Texas Parks & Wildlife Photo Contest Before The Year Is Over
The Texas Park and Wildlife department is hosting a year long photo contest that runs throughout 2023.
If you're a professional photographer, or maybe you just like taking photos as a hobby, then this contest is perfect for you. The contest is a year long contest that actually began in January, but I actually just found out about it- so now I'm telling you about it! And it's all in honor of the Texas State Parks celebrating their 100th anniversary!
For this photo contest, you'll want your main focus to be Ray Roberts Lake State Park in Pilot Point. Use this Instagram Reel as a point of reference:
As for how to participate, here is what the website says:
- Photo entries must be taken within Ray Roberts Lake State Park Complex within the year of 2023
- Maximum of 3 photo entries per person (only 1 photo can be selected to win)
- Entries must be submitted electronically on Facebook by tagging your photo with BOTH of the #tags listed below
- Ray Roberts tag: #RayRobertsLakeStatePark
- Photo Contest tag: #100YearsEssense
- When entrance period is over there will be an album shared on the Ray Roberts Lake-Isle du Bois Unit Facebook page for preliminary voting
- Preliminary voting will be by the number of likes (or other reactions: hearts, hugs, etc.) so make sure to share the album and your photo with friends and family for voting!!
- The top 10 photos from the preliminary voting will be picked to move onto the final voting by our judges
- Judges will consist of local community leaders and 3 park rangers
- Once the decision of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd, and honorable mentions are selected winners will be announced on our social media pages and contacted via Facebook to claim prizes
All entries must be submitted by November 27.
So grab your camera and head out to nature to capture the perfect photo that embodies the essence of Ray Roberts Lake State Park!
Here are the 10 Most Snake Infested Lakes in Texas
Gallery Credit: Tara Holley