New Job Alert! Traffic Signal Technician Needed For City Of Tyler
If you're looking for a career change or been recently laid off the City of Tyler's Traffic Engineering Department is looking for a Traffic Signal Technician I - V to help ensure the safety of or motorist and visitors who come into the Tyler area.
If you know are good with your hands and know how to repair, maintain and install traffic signals and other related equipment this job might be for YOU.
The basic essentials of this job include:
- Install and repair traffic signals
- Perform maintenance on traffic signals
- Operate personal computer
- Operate electronic test gear and determine/correct the cause of malfunctions in electronic equipment
- Need to be familiar with operation of bucket truck, solid state control equipment and materials 2-hours daily; stoop and bend 2-4 hours weekly installing equipment
Qualified candidates must possess some of the following:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in Electronics is preferred
- Must have at least 6 months of experience in maintenance and repair of electronic traffic signal equipment, or electrical both AC and/or DC; and an equivalent combination of experience and training maybe considered
Another great plus the City of Tyler offers is a great benefit package including 10 paid holidays, health and dental insurance and retirement through Texas Municipal Retirement System.
For a more detailed look click here.
Congrats on your new job!