Your DISH Subscription Means No Super Bowl This Year
DISH subscribers across East Texas are in a bit of a bind. The Super Bowl is Sunday, and as of right now, there's no way to watch the big game through your TV provider. What's the deal?
Turns out, DISH and FOX have yet to come to an agreement after current contract agreements ended in December. FOX 51 in Tyler has information posted to its website saying that the parent company over FOX 51, White Knight, has "worked diligently over the past several weeks to reach a fair value agreement with DISH." Unfortunately, this is still an ongoing battle, and what FOX 51 is calling a "callous negotiating tactic" by DISH to interrupt our programming while negotiations continue.
The same issues are happening with subscribers who have FOX 33 through the Shreveport market.
So the question remains - How can we watch Super Bowl LIV? We've got you covered.
- Stream the game through the FOX App
- If you have an Amazon Fire Stick, or a smart TV, you can download the FOX Sports App. The game will be streamed live, and you don't have to pay a penny for the app or the stream. The stream will also run through FOX Sports' website.
- Stream the game through the NFL App
- The NFL app is also free to download through iOS or Android devices.
- Hulu with Live TV
- This is a subscription you may already have, and can be reached through your Hulu app. Hulu with Live TV includes access to other local channels like NBC and CBS, but does come with a monthly price tag of $54.
- YouTube TV
- This is another (slightly newer) streaming service that you can subscribe to. The YouTube TV app is free to download, and you can do so through your smart tv, Roku, iOS, or Android devices. However, it's not a free subscription. This one runs you $50 per month.
In the meantime, you can push to get FOX back on your DISH programming lineup by calling DISH at 1-800-333-3474.