Heatwave Relief May Be Coming To East Texas-Rainy Days Ahead
I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of this heatwave. I have a love-hate relationship with my air conditioner because it gets so hot in the house and I'll turn the air on, but then my apartment turns into an icebox and I swear sometimes I can see my own breath!
East Texas is supposed to some relief from this brutal heat. Rain showers are expected on Tuesday, Wednesday, and possibly on Friday, too. Thank goodness for the rain, because it will cool down temperatures to the mid-eighties instead the 90+ degree weather we've been having.
The warmest day we have ever seen in East Texas was back on August 3, 2011, when the temp reached 109.9 degrees. I remember I was hosting an event outside. It was held on a Thursday and I remember the heatwave was especially brutal that evening. Yikes! We had water misters going at the event, so that helped cool everybody down tremendously.
Reesha's Tips to Stay Cool During This Crazy East Texas Heatwave:
- It's okay to walk around your home wearing next to nothing. In my house, clothing is optional!
- Drink lots of water. Find your favorite water bottle, fill it up, and keep on sipping on it throughout the day.
- Stay in the shade if you have to be outside and don't drive around in your car unless you have to, especially if you don't have working air conditioning.
- Here are a few delightful foods you can eat to cool down your body during this heatwave:
- Ice Cream/Gelato/Frozen Yogurt
- Iced beverages
- Foods with high water content (assorted berries, cucumbers, and other fruits like mangos, watermelon, and pineapples)