Change Is Needed In Police Reform After New Study
The death of Texas native George Floyd at the hand of a white police officer has sparked national outrage and after a recent poll most Americans are in agreement that reform is needed.
The survey reported that
- 82 percent support banning chokeholds
- 83 percent support banning racial profiling
- 92 percent are in support of federal police to wear body cameras
- 89 percent are in support to require police to give people they stop their name, badge number and reason the traffic stop
- 91 percent are in support of allowing independent investigations of police departments that show patterns of misconduct
- 75 percent support letting victims of police misconduct to pursue legal action/sue police departments
While others are asking to "defund the police" only 39 percent has called for it, but are in support of moving some of those funds to other programs that will aid homelessness, domestic violence, and mental health just to name a few.
You can get more details on "defunding the police" by clicking here.