Now You Can Make Your Own Fan-Favorite Disney Churros At Home!
I love Disney. Movies, the parks (especially the parks!), the music, the fireworks shows - you name it. So with Disney being closed, and my family possibly missing our vacation there this year, Disney is bringing a bit of happiness to Disney-loving households around the world. Now we can enjoy those delicious cinnamon-coated churros right in our own kitchens.
Enter your number to get our free mobile app
Disney Parks Blog breaks down all the ingredients and steps you need to really please your kiddos - and yourself, honestly.
Check out the recipe below, and we'll see you real soon, Walt Disney World!
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or one-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe one-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
READ MORE: 25 Companies You Might Not Know Are Owned by Disney