Now You Can Make Your Own Fan-Favorite Disney Churros At Home!
I love Disney. Movies, the parks (especially the parks!), the music, the fireworks shows - you name it. So with Disney being closed, and my family possibly missing our vacation there this year, Disney is bringing a bit of happiness to Disney-loving households around the world. Now we can enjoy those delicious cinnamon-coated churros right in our own kitchens.
Disney Parks Blog breaks down all the ingredients and steps you need to really please your kiddos - and yourself, honestly.
Check out the recipe below, and we'll see you real soon, Walt Disney World!
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or one-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe one-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.